Wednesday, March 20, 2019

9 months na!

yo i just realized i hit my 9 month mark today, that's craaaaaaaaaaazy. Paspas lagi ang mission. That's like the halfway mark for my sister batch, what the heck. I feel like so much has happened but at the same time I feel like I literally just started my mission. Where does the time go? 
Basta, it's been a crazy ride. I've changed and learned so much. I never really understood what to expect for my mission. Nobody was very good at describing what the mission is like and I totally get why kay it's freaking impossible to describe. I can't really describe why I'm so happy doing what I'm doing kay logically I shouldn't be this happy. Like all I really do is face rejection everyday on top of everything else that goes wrong (aka getting worms, Dengue, hard companions, etc.), but somehow I'm still super happy doing the work. I guess there just reached a point where I started recognizing that there's way more blessings in what i do than burdens. Even though the trials seem to outweigh the blessings, I realized that for every trial there really is a ton of blessings that follow, even if we don't seem them immediately. Ya I still can't really describe what the mission is actually like but all I can really say is that it's worth it. It's so worth it. It's worth every rejection, every sickness, every trial or burden that I have to face. The work is ridiculously hard, but with everything that has happened and all that will happen, I know I wouldn't trade anything in the world for this opportunity I have now.

ya that'll be it for now, kana
Elder Shirley
















some sort of homemade forge ...












power outage?  studying by candle light ...