Wednesday, February 20, 2019

exciting changes

so first off the computer I'm using is pretty slow so I don't know if you'll be getting all of my pics today. 

But ya yo I can technically call you. We just have to figure out what the heck we'd use to call you. The problem is that we're not really allowed to use members' computers to email but we don't know what that means about calling kay for christmas and mother's day we normally use members' computers. Kay gawas sa members, there's like no place for us to call/video call or anything so we pretty much have to use the members computers if we are to call you. sooo ya we'll see, maybe next pday we'll try but no promises. 

But dang Peyton, Aubrey, and Josh are all back????? I swear they just left for their missions. That's so weird. Although I just realized I'm 1/3 of the way through my mission today.... Pastilan time really does fly on the mission. i'd ask you to ask them for good mission recipies but they all served in 1st world like countries... Ya the cook books you sent require an oven for pretty much everything so that was kind of a slap in the face hahaha. walay ovens diri. 

So the bikes are owned by the mission, like the mission paid for them I guess and then ya we technically "maintain" them with our limited knowledge of bike maintance. 

oh yo and my comp's name is Elder Swain, pasaylo hahah. I thought I already said that. 

As far as finding new people we've mostly been trying to work through Part member families and referrals but we've taught a couple people through tracting so ya we've just been trying different things out to find. As far as service goes, pretty much everyone has what's called an Aja-Aja attitude which is like "what's mine is mine" so like they pretty much just like to do things themselves so ya kinda limited on service opportunities but we've managed to do little things here and there. 

Oh yo i totally got the envolope btw, you can activate the card now. Thanks a ton! Love the pics! 

We actually go all the way to dumaguete most pdays to shop kay there's like nothing in Zamboanguita except small tindahans and sari-sari stores. There is a market place here though so we've been trying to ask members for recipes so that we can try cooking different things. 

I don't really have a favorite person in the branch yet, I really do like all the youth in the ward though. They're awesome. They're super supportive and actually help with the work here a lot. We don't really teach sunday school lessons but every 4th sunday we have to speak in sacrament meeting. So ya for my personal study this week I've just been writing a talk on Strengthening the Family with the Gospel. so ya that's been cool. There's so many examples in 1st Nephi, like morag nearly every chapter.

Sounds like you'll get to have some fun in the Snow... I'm actually really jealous, I miss the snow so much, but I am starting to get really used to the weather. Especially here in Zambo kay it's windy like all the time here so that's been awesome.

Love ya! hopefully I can upload the pics next week or something.

Elder Shirley


I can use google chat for family only and the only computers I could use to video chat would have to be with members

There seems to be something called "google meet" that looks like a video chat thing

***No video chat or phone call this week... still trying to figure it out***