Wednesday, December 11, 2019

Light the World

Tuesday December 10, 2019

Well this week has been chill. We went on exchanges with the Elders in Pardo before going to a meeting with our Stake President about our plans for a white christmas. Since there's 2 zones under the same stake we're planning on combining the baptisms for the 2 zones on the Dec 28. It should be cool. Our stake president was super excited about it and already has a bunch of plans to make it great. 

Then on Sunday we were able to find some really potential people so our work here just seems to keep picking up and it's been awesome. We finally know the area so we've been stressing less about that and even all the other missionaries here in Talisay have really started working hard so that's been awesome to see. 

And ya it's the CHRISTMAS season!!!! So ya missionary work is just super fun to begin with. It's so easy to talk with people during december, at least for me it feels that way. Everyone is excited and happy to talk about Christ it's awesome. We also had Christmas Conference yesterday. There were some awesome christmas skits. Hopefully i can get my hands on a copy of all the skits and send them. 

It was weird to see my sister batch give their farewell testimonies. I dont think it's fully hit me yet that they're going home or that I only have 6 months left. I guess I just kinda feel like I still got a lot left I need to do so no point on thinking too much about it. I feel good though. I feel confident. I feel like I'm becoming who Heavenly Father wants me to become and I'm happy to give it my all these next 6 months. I feel as though I've really come to experience the blessings of becoming a disciple of Christ on my mission. In Matthew 16: 24-25 it says...

24 ¶ Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.
25 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.

I had a lot of doubts at times about serving my mission, but I've found that I truly have found myself more in losing myself in the cause of Christ. Everything about serving is worth it. Every trial, discouragement, or disappointment I have ever experienced has been worth it.

I also want to just encourage everyone to take up the Light the World challenge and find a way to serve someone everyday. If you need suggestions there's a calender of suggestions online at lighttheworld.org

Love ya
Elder Shirley