Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Three Little Birdies

Hey you should email me sometime soonish if you want to ask questions or anything. But ya for now I'll just type up my week.

So this past week was a little chaotic kay we just had a lot going on. So Elder Clegg and I are assigned to teach this one person so pretty much every wednesday after Pday we are doing exchanges so that we can teach him together so that's kinda cool. Right after exchanges with him, we had interviews with President. President likes to hint at what he kinda has planned for you the next transfer and he talked a whole lot about training sooo I guess we'll see what happens.... The one sure thing is that I'm staying in Sikatuna for at least one more transfer so I'll be there for like at least 6 months. Then the next day there was a District Leader Council (DLC) so I did mini exchanges with Elder Hugo (a brand new trainee) while Elder Guiuo and Elder Garcia went to DLC. Then just yesterday I did exchanges with the Capital Elders and I worked with Elder Manu in Capital. It was pretty fun, we did a lot of searching for people kay he whitewashed the area (both of the elder's are new to the area) so he's been searching a lot for less active members.

But ya this week has been pretty good. We have a baptism this Saturday for Shawn Cabibil. He's 13 and he's probably one of the most receptive people to the gospel I've ever met. So ya I'm really excited for that this weekend. But ya that's pretty much it for this week.

I've noticed that often times when I've prayed and asked for comfort or support that I start to remember song lyrics and it's honestly been pretty comforting. Like just when thinking of this week and everything that I'm going to have to face the song three little birds came to mind and like just as it goes I realized that "every little thing, is gonna be alright." I don't know that's medyo cheesy but like hey whatever keeps me going I'll take it.

I hope you're doing well and everything, love ya! Miss ya!
Elder Shirley


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
well since I already sent you the other email I'll just directly answer your questions here....

In your last email with elder Clegg still there you said you had a bunch of new contacts- any of those working out? Still on track for a baptism this Saturday?
I can't remember what those new contacts were but ya right now Shawn will be baptized this saturday and his family is making progress so that's been awesome

What new things have you done for p-day? does your new comp know how to make the mango floats the right way? Has he taught you how to cook anything Filipino?
Last Pday we just played basketball kay we had to work out exchanges and all that, this Pday we are meeting up as a zone to work on our skits and stuff for Christmas Conference, which is like a zone con but all the different zones have a skit that they perform so it'll be interesting to say the least. And I think he might know so I'll talk with him about it and see what he says. And ya we don't really cook that often so not really.

What are the families like there? small? lots of kids? do grandparents live with families?
They're all pretty different but it's not that uncommon for people to have really big families. and ya sometimes grandparents live with families, I guess it kinda just depends.

What kind of jobs do the people in your area have? How long do kids go to school for? is college even a thing for most of them? Are there trade schools?
Um a lot of people in my area work at call centers for like phone companies, then there's also construction, teaching, breadshops, sari-sari stores, just kinda pretty much anything. The school system here is kinda set up different so people can graduate high school at like 16 and be done with college at like 20ish so that's cool. Here no one takes out lones for like college so if you go to college you have to have the money to pay for the semester up front.

have you been able to do any service for the members or people in your area? How often do you get to go to the temple?
The one time we tried doing service for a member they told us they wanted us to work at their place at 5am and then they were asleep when we showed up so ya haven't really done any service. And all the missionaries on the island of Cebu get an opportunity to go to the temple quarterly, but that's only if you're on Cebu, if you're on Negros or Sigijor then you're just out of luck.


E Clegg and a jug that has chicks in it from a member's house


Exchanges with E Hugo


FHE at institute that E Guiuo and I taught

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Three Little Birdies Lyrics:
Rise up this morning, smiled with the rising sun
Three little birds, by my doorstep
Singing sweet songs, of melodies pure and sure
Saying, "this is my message to you"

Singing: "Don't worry about a thing, oh-oh
Cause every little thing is gonna be alright,
yeah yeah
But don't worry about a thing
Cause every little thing is gonna be alright"
, yeah