Wednesday, January 9, 2019

brrr

Never thought I'd miss being in the negatives. I mean really I just miss being even just a little cold. It's just always so hot here. Like pastilan jud. I'm like reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeallly hoping I get transferred to the bukid. Like honestly that's what I feel like I need the most at this point. I had a goal of writing a letter to you every transfer but I'm not so sure if I'll do that this transfer.

The work has been reeeeeally slow recently. No new people, getting punted more and more, walay kuyogs. It's been a week or two to say the least. But I got to go to the temple today and do a session. I feel a whole lot better now. I know the area isn't going to be magically better, but I feel like I have the support I need for now. Next week is zone con so that'll be cool kay I'll get to see the other half of my batch this transfer. Pretty much everyone from my batch that was on Negros transferred to Cebu so ya I'll get to see them all now! But ya other than that really nothing new. Like I said the work is slow but ya siempre it continues.

And ya I know the feeling with puppies just wanting to jump and bite. We taught a lesson to a less active the other day and their dog literally just was biting my pants and socks the entire time we were there. So ya I imagine you're having a great time with Siskin. And ya i didn't get any elk pics but that's alright, maybe next week. But dang sounds like everyone is doing pretty good for now. New job, last semester, new dog. good times all around.

kana ra,
elder shirley


we went and had hot dogs with my recent convert


sun setting with sinulog** decorations


ya i used your picture thingy





** The Sinulog-Santo Niño Festival is an annual cultural and religious festival held on the third Sunday of January in Cebu City, and is the centre of the Santo Niño Catholic celebrations in the Philippines.
          The word Sinulog comes from the Cebuano adverb sulog which roughly means "like water current movement;" it describes the forward-backward movement of the Sinulog dance. Sinulog is the ritual prayer-dance honoring Señor Santo Niño or the Child Jesus. An image of the Child Jesus is said to be the baptismal gift the Portuguese conquistador Ferdinand Magellan gave Hara Amihan (Humanay) of Zebu (now Cebu) in April 1521. The image, believed to be miraculous, is housed at the Basilica Minore del Santo Niño in downtown Cebu City.