Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Happy New Year!

We noticed there was a 7.2 earthquake off the southern tip of the Philippines ... did you feel it? Nah I didn't feel anything. But ya pepper seems pretty done. Do you guys just leave her downstairs or do you take her upstairs when you go to bed?

Work has been slow. So the problem is that most of the people we visit or need to visit are sisters or people under the age of 18, and ya we can't visit them without a kuyog. And ya everyone that used to work with us is basically gone so that's been a struggle. Ya it's actually pretty much affected every aspect of our work so ya it's been pretty slow. But we're still pushing. Haven't really managed to find a ton of new people, and the one's we've found aren't really progressing so ya it's been a struggle. But ya I think i've gained a ton of weight this week kay like every time we visited a member they'd want to feed us because of the holidays and all that. So ya I've eaten a TON this week. So ya it hasn't all been bad by any means, just slow. We did get one of the new Come Follow me book thingies. I've read it a little bit but ya it looks good. I still try to do Language study everyday but sometimes we just end up getting really busy so we don't have time for it. And ya since my companion is bisaya daan he's been really helping me expand my vocab so that's been cool. And ya we still swing by and at least talk with Teri (bread store lady) but we haven't been able to visit her in a while because again we don't have any kuyogs.

But ya I think it's totally weird that Desmond will be walking and talking by the time I come home. Also he's less than 6 lbs? he must be tiny. we haven't really done a lot these past couple pdays. Today we played basketball with all the elders in the zone (hence the late email time) so that was cool. Also Sinulog is coming up so we've kinda been looking at some of the street stands to see if there's any cool shirts or anything. I was just talking like a small desk calender that has all the days of the month on one page so that I can write in all the stuff that'll happen each month. kana ra. sorry if i wasn't clear but it sounds like you kinda got the right idea.

So we just had interviews with president and well 1) I'm for sure transferring and 2) we talked and I think I'm transferring to the Bukid! (like jungle mountains) So who knows maybe I'll go to Negros gihapon.  I was actually the only elder from my batch that didn't transfer but everyone that did transfer switched islands. Like everyone on Cebu is now on Negros or sigijor and everyone that was on negros is now on cebu. So I think there's hope for me in regards to transferring to negros

love ya! Amping!
Elder Shirley


There's pics of Elder Dumanjug getting a pedicure/manicure from a member.





There's my birthday cake.








The pics with all the food and Mcdo's is because one of our best kuyogs is leaving and going on a mission so we were kinda celebrating.

The pics with the brother in the red shirt and the blue shelves is Brother Elijah. he's one of my favorites.
And the chicken is Native Adobo so ya that was really good gihapon.