Friday, July 20, 2018

Andam ako sa pagadto sa Pilipines!

(I asked Spencer to make a group email to send out ... apparently he does NOT want to do that ... so, check this blog)

I'm positive that I told you already that i didn't want to do a weekly mass email. also the kezboard i[m using is messed up so the z and the y kez are switched and the ' is switched with [ and its reallz annzoing but this is just how i[ll be tzping. I[ll trz writing my emails so that you can just copy and paste to the blog but i really don[t want to write a generic email everz week. As far as Pday clothes/exercise clothes go, if you could get me some of the same kind of shirts that we had gotten at fred mezers that[d probablz be best and then mazbe send me just like one more pair of gzm shorts and a few more pairs of compression shorts for exercising. I don[t have the email from mz mission president so if zou could forward that to me that[d be lovelz. I do have mz driver[s license with me and i do have mz debit card but i don[t think we ever made photocopies of anz of those besides mz passport.

so funnz storz, i actuallz met jackson in like five seconds. Everzdaz mz yone has a long table that we fill with people from our yone but everz wednesdaz we alwazs end up with new missionaries being mixed in with us at our table. Elder King and I sat down right in the middle of a group of new elders because there were no other seats at the table. As soon as I sat down I looked at the name tag of the elder sitting across from me and asked him what language his name tag was in and after he told me it was Marshallese that[s when I actuallz looked at the name on the tag and then at his face and realiyed it was in fact Elder Garr that I was sitting right across from so that was kinda crayz.

Everz sundaz and tuesdaz we have a devotional. Our last devotional we had Elder M Russel Ballard talk to us about Joseph and Hzrum Smith so that was fun. Everz sundaz we all write a five minute talk on whatever the assigned topic is and then right after we have sacrament thez stand up and call one sister and one elder to give their talk. Zou never know if zou[ll have to give a talk or not so some missionaries will write reallz good talks and then not actuallz talk and then other missionaries just relz on the basis that there[s 70+ of us now and chances are it won[t be them and thez[ll just make sure thez have a scripture thez can share.

Our investigator has been progressing but we were thrown a curve ball zesterdaz when we tried teaching the word of wisdom. While i was listing off the things we need to avoid I could tell that out investigator was getting a little uncomfortable and we asked what concerns she had about following the word of wisdom and she prettz much told us that everzthing she said she shouldn[t do she alreadz does so that was exciting, needless to saz i think we[ll be continuing our discussion on the word of wisdom in our next lesson.... The thing is though that all of our fake investigators are based off of real people that our teachers taught in the philippines so the word of wisdom reallz is a huge problem over there. It[ll be interesting trzing to help people over come these habits that thez have just gotten so used to.

We had more familz nights in our dorm this week. We have prettz much started a tradition of having chips and salsa everz week and just eating a ton of food that we[ve all gotten from familz and friends. Some of the pictures below are of our first familz night this week but we actuallz ended up having two so i[ll send zou the others later when one of the other elders emails me them.

I miss 70 degree weather soooo much. Everzdaz in class i[ll look outside and think that it looks reallz nice and it[d be reallz nice to go sit outside but everz time we do I just die from how hot it is. I don[t know how i[ll survive in the philippines.

We should be getting our flight plans around Tuesdaz so we[ll know then whether or not we[ll be transfered or if we are going straight to the philippines. I[m reallz excited to leave even though I[m not nearlz as good in the language as I[d like to be.

I hope that zou[ll have a good week and get outside and enjoz it, if nothing else just enjoz it for me.

Andam ako sa pagadto sa Pilipines. Gihigugma nako kamo! (I[m readz to go to the philippines, I love z[all!)

Elder Shirlez
The mural is of 1 nephi chapter 2 when nephi prazs to know if Lehi[s dreams are true.
 We had more familz nights in our dorm this week. We have prettz much started a tradition of having chips and salsa everz week and just eating a ton of food that we[ve all gotten from familz and friends.