Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Week 3?

nagamatay ako. (I'm dying) It is so hot here. This last week I did a whole lot of teaching, we've taught an investigator at least once a day and so we've been spending a lot of time preparing lessons. We've been so busy preparing lessons that it has been hard to also study the language but without studying the language then it makes teaching the investigator harder so its been a wonderful cycle of stress. We finally actually started learning the grammar of Cebuano and we are all still pretty confused because they have different ways to conjugate verbs depending on the focus but the sentences pretty much don't change the meaning when we change focus and with each different focus you have to use different markers in the sentence to show what is in focus and what is not in focus and its ridiculous. I understand the language enough to get through lessons though so that's been nice and with all the lessons we've been preparing we've gotten a lot better at teaching simply and through the spirit which makes lessons so much better.

Thanks for using the Dear Elder thing, it's really nice getting letters in the middle of the week. We made it a goal to not check our email unless its pday so getting letters is really our only way around that. Thanks for emailing me my AP scores, I was so happy to see them. It made me sooooo happy to see I didn't waste my time with those classes. We didn't do a whole lot to celebrate the fourth of july here. We had a shortish devotional with our zone about religeous freedom and then they let us stay up later to watch fireworks because you could see them from the MTC. Sounds like youve had a fun week, thanks for the pictures, I love getting pictures!

Higugmaon nako ikaw! (I Love you!)
Elder Shirley