Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Alaska Earthquake ... nothing earth shattering here ...

Well don't let the house fall apart while I'm gone too. If I can't come back to see pepper, I'd at least would like a house to come back to. But dang she's just going to straight up and die now? That's ridiculous, I love that stupid cat. She'll keep kicking though, she's gone through all kinds of weird stuff. But ya I claim her in heaven btw. 

And nah I haven't gotten any packages yet, but that's a good thing kay filipinos have zero privacy so even if I told my companion I was waiting to open them on Christmas chances he would've waited until i was in the shower and then would have opened them. But ya so I don't have to deal with that yaaay. Hopefully they'll be here like next week or so kay the zone leaders will be going to Lahug for MLC at the beginning of next transfer so they can pick them up if that's the case. And I thought I did explain the pics, sorry. I'm going to appologize ahead of time if this email isn't super in depth or anything. I got a really old white guy next to me on a dating website and it's making me suuuper uncomfortable and I just want to leave so ya might not be super in depth today. 

There are plenty of businesses that are decorating for Christmas. I haven't really seen anything that special or unique here that they make. I'll keep my eyes out for stuff though. (see photo below)

Right now we've been struggling again to find new people. We just started teaching a part member though for the first time. She's like super devote catholic though so we'll see what happens. The problem here is that everyone is Christian so pretty much anyone will listen for a lesson or two, it's finding people that we can continue to visit that's hard. We haven't quite had an opportunity to do any kind of cool service thing or anything yet, but hopefully after transfers are over we can start doing stuff. And nah we haven't had an opportunity to watch the Christmas Devotional. 

This week was cool though. We baptized Kristin last Thursday so that was awesome. (see photo below) We got ambushed into eating lunch at a 1year old's birthday party. It was ridiculously nice. It felt like I was at a wedding. They had catered food and like photographers and dang it was weird.(see photo below) Oh and when Elder Clegg and I were on exchanges we found this area that literally feels like we're in the States and honestly it was really uncomfortable. There were giant snails though so that was cool.(see photo below) 

There's also like these cool makeshift mangers that people make so I snagged a couple pics of those as well.(see photo below) 

Oh we have another baptism this upcoming Saturday, his name is Ritch. I'll tell ya more about him next week. We also had Christmas con so that was cool. I forgot to take pics but Elder Stastny said he'd email some videos he took so hopefully I can send those next week. We went outside and released a bunch of balloons that had "Light the Word" on the them and tied our names/numbers to the end of them so ya maybe someone will find one and call. (see photo below)

Well that's all I can think of at the moment. Hope yall are doing good back home and are staying safe.
Don't let the house fall apart or let pepper die.
Love Y'all so much. Can't wait to see you in like 20 days.
Imong paborito,
Elder Shirley