Saturday, December 1, 2018

November 28, 2018

Yo, you didn't tell me that pepper was dying. What's up with that? Now that I'm not there to give her attention all the time she's just giving up? You should send me a pic so I can see how she's doing.

But ya dang sounds like you're still doing a good job of keeping yourself ridiculously busy. Congrats!

Ya so this past week has been kinda annoying kay we only have a couple people that will Kuyog us so that we can visit sisters and kids (which is pretty much 90% of the people we visit) and they were all busy with exams and stuff so it's been hard trying to visit members. On the bright side since we've been punted from like everyone, we've had time to look for less active members on our ward list and we've already found like 5 or 6 so that's been cool. Still couldn't visit them (kay I swear everyone is a sister or a kid here) but ya at least we know where they live now and hopefully we can visit them with another member soon. 

We are doing the Light the World thing here as well. We're still coming up with ideas for what we can do each week but ya i'm sure it'll be fun. And nah we got little keyboard phones so we can't really show people videos or anything. 

For the Christmas skit thing we're doing like the life of a new missionary and he's meeting all the different kinds of missionaries in the field (the super touchy, the flirt, the whitehand book, the deep doctrine, etc) and then we have a few songs to go with it. Should be good. Haven't had a lot of practice with it though so we'll see what happens. 

This week I was reading in Helaman which is really just a book of chastisement so that was fun. It was kinda cool though kay when I read about Samuel the Lamanite, it shows that he even kinda was ready to quit and go home, but the Lord was there for him and told him to keep going. So ya I've been trying to follow that example. Any times I think of how hard the work is or any time I kinda start to have that thought of maybe going home, I remember Samuel and how willing he was to follow the Lord after everything he had just gone through and it makes me want to strive to do the same. So despite how hard times may seem at the moment I'm just going to keep pushing kay I know that Heavenly Father has a plan for me and that everything will be alright.

Pero kana ra. Oh jokes, there's more. We have a baptism tomorrow for Kristin Cabibil (Sister of the last person we baptized). She's super excited and is already thinking of going on a mission so ya she's been doing great. Oh and we also had our own little thanksgiving dinner with Lechon Manok and Kan-on so that was cool.

Love ya! can't wait to see ya in like what? 27 days? And ya we'll probably do it on Christmas day here. Oh and ya we can use skype for that btw. 

(And ya I bought a new bag kay the other one is medyo heavy so I only use it if it's going to rain kay it's more water resistant. And ya that girl speaks really good english kay her parents only speak to her in English. Right now it's kind of a generational thing to speak English. Like there's a number of people that are like 20ish here that can speak pretty good english. They're kinda going away from using Bisaya so that's kinda sad but ya it makes talking a whole lot easier.)

but ya Love ya! Don't let pepper die!
Elder Shirley