Tuesday, October 1, 2019

Tuesday September 17

Hahaha char. Thanks for the email! I'm actually typing this up the day before pday kay I'll be leaving early for the temple tomorrow and I dont know if I'll actually get a chance to call... 

I must say it's been a nice refresher trying to focus more on the positives this past week or so. Not that i have been complaining a lot or anything, like i've still been doing good, but ya it kinda really does make everything a little bit better. This past week not anything huge really happened. We visited everyone we were hoping to see at church last saturday and no one was able to make it. On the brightside we were able to have a meeting after church with some members and we were able to discuss more about our concerns about stuff like that. 

On another bright note, I just did exchanges with a brand new trainee in my district. When we first got to the area that we were supposed to be teaching a lot of people, we got punted from all of them but we were told we could come back later so we just needed to find something to do while we waited. Well I told Elder Jensen (the trainee) that we'd go and visit a member family and just share a little lesson with them and see how they were doing. While we were there I was asking the mom about her son because semi-recently he had started his mission so I figured she wouldnt mind talking about him. Well he had entered the MTC in June and Elder Jensen had entered the MTC in July. I then asked about how he was doing trying to teach people because he was learning Cantonese but he has been temporarily reassigned to the Ogden mission so now he needs to speak english. Well after Elder Jensen heard that her son was learning Cantonese, he took out his Journal and asked her if her son was Elder Gabinete and sure enough it was. Elder Jensen had met her son in the MTC and when her son found out where Elder Jensen was serving, he had elder jensen write his name down and told him he'd teach his family some day. And ya it totally happened. Wasnt by any means a huge miraculous thing but it kinda really showed to me how much God does care if he's willing to make all these things happen just for something simple like that to happen and make some mother's day. 

But ya i mean i could write some other things that happened this week but I'll just keep this email simple. God does more for us than I think we ever realize or appreciate. He knows and cares for each and everyone of us personally. He has so many great things planned and prepared for us. He'll lead us and guide us through out our lives to receive all these blessings, we just need to be ready to follow. And I know we'll just be that much more happy when we can recognize those little blessings that'll come into our lives. Even if it is just day to day, little, individual kinda blessings.

I wrote all that while half asleep so if it's bad english I'm sorry.
Elder shirley

Ps: I freaking looked at a white dude straight in the eyes inside a seven-eleven and told him "good night" instead of "good evening" kay "good evening" doesnt exist in bisaya and i've been ashamed of myself for the rest of the night






Elder Jensen?






"Paper frog" ... he had a fun video of it too... videos don't post here :(